Wednesday 1 May 2013

A Job Interview

Well hey. Today has been... awkward! It started with a driving lesson at 11am. I was stood out there waiting for her to turn up. And I waited. And waited some more. I called her at 11.30am and she didn't pick up. I was in the middle of writing her a reply that basically said "Thanks for not showing up, I am going with another instructor you completely waste of air" when she sped down the road and said "sorry, I spilt some water on the seat"

So off we went finally with a wet arse. I needed to be back by 1pm because I was having my printer delivered between 1.15-2.15.. but of course we got back at 1.30 and of course the delivery was at 1.15 and I missed him. If I had been in odds are he would have delivered the shagger at 2.14.59.

I then had to get to an interview for 2.45. I had missed the buses because senile driving woman was late so had to get a taxi. That turned up late. And then forgot to take me to a cash machine. It was 2.43 when I got there and was completely flustered. I ran into the hotel where the interview was being held and completely missed the reception. Being a Rowlands I instinctively ran to the bar where out of the corner of my eye I could see two women having tea, and a man at the bar. I asked the man at the bar if interviews were being held here and he said "yes, I believe those two over there are interviewing" - so I bounded, literally, over there, my arm outstretched to handshake and said "hello! I'm Sarah!". The older of the two stood up and didn't even take my hand. She just pointed towards reception and said "we're not quite ready for you yet so if you could please take a seat over there?"... I cringe makingly removed my hand and put it by my side, pretending it never happened.

I was then beckoned over. And the first thing that came out of my mouth was "I didn't even know this place was here, how unobservant am I?!".... frigging idiot. Especially when I then had to backtrack and tell them just how observant I was. I then was asked "can you describe a stressful situation and how you handled it?" Rather than talk about a job related moment like the FSA coming in and demanding audits or something.. I scared them SHITLESS with the headless man in Cambodia story. Looking back, talking about how I came very close to death in a foreign country was probably not very appropriate to the question.

I THEN went on to tell them I would find it odd if a manager was always telling me what to do. I also called one of the interviewers "mental", and once the interview was over... I realised I had missed shaving my entire knee cap. And I hadn't shaved my legs for 2 weeks.

Pretty damn sure I won't get the job. Ho hum.

No comments:

Post a Comment